Do you have a toothache that is giving you problems? A toothache refers to pain produced when nerves within your pulp, located in the roots of your teeth, are damaged. This can be due to an infection, an oral accident or injury, bad oral hygiene, or tooth loss including extractions, and in some cases, the pain may be felt in the mouth, face, ear, and jaw.
You should pursue treatment and visit a dentist if any of the following problems occur:
– Severe agony continues for longer than 24 hours after a tooth has been pulled.
– A tooth has been lost due to an accident or blunt trauma.
– Facial rashes that cannot be easily explained or connected to another cause.
– High fevers or chills that cannot be removed with medication may be an indication of a toothache.
– Discomfort is noted even after using over-the-counter medications.
– You have swelling in your face or have a fever which may be the result of an abscess or noticeable discharge that can be seen or felt around a tooth.
– Wisdom teeth continue to cause discomfort when erupting above the gum line, causing inflammation.
If you would like a professional examination from Gary H. Morikawa, DDS Inc at our dentist office in Honolulu, Hawaii, please contact us at 808-949-8866. Dr. Gary H Morikawa and the rest of our team will ensure you get the bright smile you desire.