Are you ready for the holiday season to begin? Are you ready for the season of sweets and all the tricks and treats that come with it? Although we encourage you to have a spooktacular time this Halloween season, don’t forget to care for your teeth. Here are some extra tips to help you keep your smile safe for the Halloween festivities:
– Exchange your child’s sweets and treats with safer rewards such as money, toys, or other highly sought after incentives.
– Avoid hard candy such as candy apples, and treats such as popcorn balls, as they can easily chip and crack your teeth.
– Swap out your own sweets for healthy treats as an alternative.
– Get rid of any extra candy that you have after Halloween has ended. This helps prevent prolonged exposure to tooth decay.
– Visit your dentist for routine checkups and professional cleanings.
– Limit the amount of sugars you consume whether from candies, fruit drinks, or similar products.
Gary H. Morikawa, DDS Inc would like to wish you a safe and happy Halloween! To schedule an oral exam or bi-annual professional with Dr. Gary H Morikawa, contact us at 808-949-8866, or stop by our office in Honolulu, Hawaii. From all of us, we look forward to having you as our guest soon!