Have you been taking care of your teeth and gums regularly? Every day, we put our mouths at risk, not only by the foods we eat, but also the activities we plan, and the places we may go. Because our oral health is always paramount, be sure to remember not do try or do anything that could end in disaster for your teeth and gums.
Here are some tips to improve your oral hygiene:
– Brush your teeth at least twice daily and floss at least once daily.
– Try to limit food to standard meals only, avoiding snack time in between mealtime.
– Use cleaning products after eating, such as sugarless gum, mouth cleanser, or dental floss.
– Visit Gary H. Morikawa, DDS Inc for your regularly scheduled professional cleanings and oral examinations.
– Avoid products and activities which can damage your teeth, such as smoking or chewing tobacco, recreational drugs, and sugary foods and drinks.
– Protect your teeth and gums from damage by using safety gear when applicable, such as mouth guards, facemasks, and head gear.
– Try to avoid cosmetic add-ons to your mouth such as mouth jewelry and lip rings, as they can easily crack, chip, or damage your smile.
For more helpful hints for your oral health and to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Gary H Morikawa, please contact our dentist office located in Honolulu, Hawaii, by calling us at 808-949-8866. Your oral health care is our primary concern.